Return To Blog
When to Choose Marble for Your Denver Home Remodel
April 6, 2016
Marble is a gorgeous stone that is formed from superheated limestone that is then formed into a unique crystalline structure. It has a smooth and elegant appearance that provides a very upscale look, whether it is for your kitchen countertops or bathroom shower. It is a great add for your home to add value and the top choice of many! Wondering if marble is the best choice for your home remodel? Here are reasons to help you make your decision.
- Heat Resistant: When you make the switch to marble countertops, you can count on having great heat resistance and know that you don’t have counters that are big heat conductors. While you won’t be able to completely say goodbye to your trivets, by investing in quality marble countertops, there is much more heat resistance there when prepping food or transferring items after they are heated. Avoid taking pans off burners and leaving them on the counter though.
- Upscale Appeal: If you are looking to remodel your kitchen or bathrooms and increase the value of your home, marble will definitely do that. The natural stone provides a smooth and elegant appearance. Marble is available in a variety of colors and styles from sleek grays and whites, to bold blacks and browns.
- Durable: Marble is a durable counter construction that is a great choice for heavy use. It is also known for being a great work surface, which is crucial for those who spend lots of time in the kitchen.
- Increased Home Value: If you currently have laminate counters in your kitchen or bathroom, you can greatly increase the value of your home by installing marble counters. Plus, marble is a durable material that will last for years to come for you or future residents. In fact, upgraded counters are one of the first “musts” that are placed on lists of future homebuyers. Learn more ways to increase your home’s value on HGTV's 10 Tips to Increase Your Home's Value.
- Easy to Clean: When it comes to cleaning your Denver marble countertops, marble is easy. When spills happen, do be sure to attend to them quickly with this type of material because it is porous. To clean, all you need is a washcloth, warm water and a mild detergent. Within seconds you will have clean counters and you don’t have to use harsh chemicals. In fact, you probably shouldn’t. Stick to the mild detergent. The surface is so smooth that you can quickly wipe it down.
- Flat Surface: Marble is a perfect option for those who prep food, like to place materials on counters, etc. Marble counters are very flat since they don't require any grout.
Whether you are on the fence on what type of stone to purchase for your home, or what type of Denver marble to buy, we can help! Natural Stone Sales is your go-to premier local stone vendor for countertop solutions that will last. View our selection of marble colors and styles and give us a call at 303-777-7485 to get started!